Weekend in Edinburgh

Oh hello there! How are you? I haven't writen any posts lately, because I was waiting for an interesting topic - and here it is! ...

Oh hello there!

How are you? I haven't writen any posts lately, because I was waiting for an interesting topic - and here it is!

Weekend before Easter I spent with my family in Edinburgh and it was perfect! The weather was great (sunny and blue sky for the whole weekend, unbelievable, right?) and the city is so wonderful! It was my first time there and I loved it from the moment I left the airport. Well, I think we all did.

Our journey started on Friday morning: our flight was delayed and we left Prague one hour later than we were supposed to. The flight was okay, but the weather didn't cooperate and we saw only clouds. However, we were looking forward to meet our relative and finally get to know Edinburgh, so we didn't really mind the clouds. We talked, slept a little and after two hours we landed in Scotland's capital.
First of all, we took th ebus from the airport and drove to our accommodation - a lovely B&B - we left our suitcases there and went to the Arthur's Seat. And of course, we bought some sandwiches, because we were starving!

Arthur's Seat is very popular spot in Edinburgh 



On our way to the top, we met so many people. Arthur's Seat is a very popular spot and not only you can meet people who are hillwalking, but there are also people who are cycling or running. 
The view from the top was breathtaking
 And the wind was horrible- all my selfies look like this one.

Even though I live in a windy town where rains almost every day, the wind on the top was very unpleasant. I took only some photos of the view, the nature, myself, my girls and I was done. I'm so happy it wasn't raining :-)

After climbing up and down, we went to a local restaurant and after that we went to the B&B, you know to get enough sleep and get ready for another day.

Saturday & Sunday

When we woke up on Saturday morning, the sky was blue, the sun was shinning and we we looking for a Full Scottish Breakfast - well, not all of us - I don't like sausages and mushrooms, so my breakfast was more like Kate's version of Scottish breakfast (orange juice, bowl of cereals, coffee, baked beans, scrambled eggs, tomato, bacon and toasts with marmelade).

The view from our room

After breakfast we hit the road and spent majority of the time outside and I feel like we saw everything. Here is the list of places we visited:

  • Edinburgh Castle

  • Calton Hill





  • Princes Street
The Balmoral 

  • Royal Mile


  • Scottish backpiper

  • Holyrood Palace - official residence of the British monarch in Scotland


  • Greyfriars Bobby







We still had some free time on Sunday morning, so we walked the Royal Mile again, met Greyfriars Bobby, walked past the The Elephant House (a coffee house where J. K. Rowling wrote some chapters of Harry Potter) and we also bought some souvenirs. 

All in all, the weekend in Edinburgh was magical and we are looking forward to our next visit!

P.S. Have you ever been to Edinburgh? Or are you planning to visit it someday?

Kate






You Might Also Like

0 komentářů