EXPLORING SPAIN (final part)

Hey again, if you cannot wait to read the final part of my Spain travels: here it comes. In the second part I wrote about majestic Sierra ...

Hey again,

if you cannot wait to read the final part of my Spain travels: here it comes. In the second part I wrote about majestic Sierra Nevada and about beautiful city of Granada and especially Alhambra and I didn't forget to mention delicious Spanish cuisine. This part will be about Cordoba, Malaga and Alicante. Ready?


Cordoba

Another stop of our road trip through Spain was a lovely city famous for its unusual building and patio competitions-Cordoba. We arrived in the afternoon, checked in in our hotel and went to explore the city. We went to the Old Town of Cordoba and across the Roman Bridge. It also started rainning, but it was that quick summer rain and it was gone as soon as it came. On the other side of the bridge we went to a local restaurant and sat down with a glass of beer.

The Roman Bridge.
The next day we woke up early, had some breakfast and headed to the Old Town again. Of course we visited Mezquita, a unique bulding that is a mosque and a cathedral and it was incredible being inside. I have never been in a similar building before. 



After our visit we were walking in the streets, visited some souvenir shops and headed to a restaurant to have some lunch - I (of course) ordered paella :-) 










In the late afternoon, after seeing everything, we came back to our hotel, took our luggage and drove to

Malaga

When we arrived to Malaga, it was rainning. However, we put on some rain jackets and headed to the sea, and it turned out, my sense of direction needed some improvement. We found the sea and the port and also a Ferris wheel, the problem occured on our way back to the hotel. I was so sure I know where our hotel is and I went in a totally bad direction and I am quite sure that without GPS on our phones we would still be lost somewhere in streets of Malaga. 
The next day we went to explore the city and I searched on the internet, that there is a statue of Andersen somewhere in the city. I even found the address, but I was unable to find it. Luckily the information center was nearby and the lady who worked there told me that the statue is just behind the corner and voilá, there was Hans Christina Andersen sitting on a bench :-)




I made some photos with him and asked him some questions about his fairytales, but he didn't respond, so we moved on closer to the sea to taste the water and enjoy simply being on the beach, and after that we climbed up to mount Gibralfaro and had a lovely panoramic view of Malaga.






And our great Spanish adventure ended where it had begun, in

Alicante (Alacant)


a city and a port in Costa Blanca. The symbol of the city is the Castle of Santa Barbara situated on the mount Benacantil high above the city. We spent there just one evening and the following morning, but we visited the Castle and enjoyed the view, spent some time in local streets, tasted local cuisine and also dipped our feet in the sea. 





After I came home I decided that this wasn't my last visit of Spain. Not only their cuisine is divine, but the nature, cities, historic buildings, the people.. they are all divine too. So, if you are thinking about which country to visit, consider Spain.

 Kate




You Might Also Like

0 komentářů