PARIS, JE T´AIME

The last weekend in September I spent in Paris.  Romantic, iconic, overcrowded, colorful city.  I was there before. Once. When ...



The last weekend in September I spent in Paris. 
Romantic, iconic, overcrowded, colorful city. 

I was there before. Once. When I was much younger...I guess 13? And I remember some bits and pieces, but some memories faded away. I remember seeing Sacre Coeur, La Defense, being on a Tour Eiffel, seeing Moulin Rouge and visiting both Louvre and Musee D´Orsay. I forgot some details, for example how magnicifcent Le Grande Arche is, or how tall Tour Eiffel is. 

While booking plane tickets, I found out, there are actually 3 airports in Paris : Orly, Charles de Gaulle and Beauvais-Tillé Airport. Orly and Charles de Gaulle airports are situated in Paris, however, Beauvais-Tillé Airport is 80 km away from Paris. Guess which airport I landed at...Yes, exactly. Luckily, the journey from the airport to the city centre took about an hour and a half, so I was able to get some more sleep. 




For my stay I booked two airbnbs. First of them was a typical Parisian apartment - small, cosy, with two french windows and in a typical old building with a wooden staircase inside. (Love at first sight, I have to admit.) The minimalist in me was admiring how small apartment it was and that there were no other things, only essentials. I would really need to cut half of my belongings. The view from the window was lovely. A typical Parisian street with a little cafe at a corner. What else I could have asked for! 





My second accomodation was a small hotel room, however, very nice and trés chic! There was also a coffee maker, so I was 100% happy. 




I came to one of many patisseries and bought croissants and baguettes and while drinking coffee and eating croissant, I really felt like a true Parisian.



 I also ate outside a lot... mostly sandwiches I bought in Carrefour or M&S... so on one hand I looked like a homeless girl, on the other hand, I had lunches and snacks with the top views... Eiffel Tower, Arc de Triomphe, Les Invalides and lastly also on the plane. I literally spent the whole journey from Paris to Prague eating. I bought so many snacks and didn't have time to eat them. so I had a very pleasant way back home. 

However, enough of talking about food and come back to Paris.  I made a list of places I wanted to see and I luckily made it to all of them.
 (Of course I chose classics.) 

Arc of Triumph
the most photogenic piece of art in Paris (according to me, of course)






I mean, just look at it! It looks absolutely stunning from every angle!

Champs Elysée
Do you know the song 'Les Champs-Élysées'? I was singing it the whole time I was walking down this street. I didn' t go to a single shop, I just went from the Arc of Triumph towards the Place de la Condorde and was absorbing the atmosphere, the noises, observing the people, the buildings,...




Place de la Concorde
This view? Cliché, I know, but I adore it. The sun was slowly setting and the romance was filling up the air.





Eiffel Tower
I forgot how tall and majestic Eiffel Tower is. When I got of the Paris Métro, I was shocked. And I may be a really bad photographer, but it's really challenging to take a nice picture of it. Or maybe it' s because I prefer to see it in reality, then in the photo.






Notre Dame Cathedral
I was affraid how it would look like after the fire, so I was pleasantly surprised when I found out, the main part of the building is still there!




La Défense
Business district with modern glass and steel buildings. Although it seems like it has nothing to do with Paris we all think we know (from the movies and books), I love this part of the city.
I think it's because of the contrast... the difference between the Grand Arche and the 'Small' Arche couldn't be bigger.






the Grande Arche
This piece of modern architecture became my background picture on my phone, because I love how simply it looks and how magnificent impression it made.






Louvre
When I visited Paris for the first time, I was reading Da Vinci Code (Dan Brown), so Louvre was without a doubt a #1 place to visit! This time I was admiring these buildings only from the outside and was lucky to have a romantic sunset lighting.



Fun fact:
Minutes after this picture was taken, it started to rain, I was already on my way to the station of the Paris Métro, so it was pointless to use an umbrella... or at least that's what I thought... I couldn't have been more wrong- I ran to the station looking like I just left the shower.

Sacre Coeur & Montmartre
Second most visited landmark in Paris (therefore it's crowded all the time), but the view really worth it.






Montmarte



District well known for its artistic history (during the Belle Époque, many artists lived and had studios there. Modigliani, Monet, Renoir, Degas,Picasso, Pissarro,Vincent van Gogh...name any French artist and I bet he used to live there!) And if you're a film fans, as I am, I bet you know Amelie de Montmarte, romantic comedy with adorable main female character. 



Some bits and pieces I want to share

  • The Paris Métro is a really huge system of 14 lines and I loved traveling by it. The tickets are not very expensive and it's a real time saver. I used it everyday and there was no problem. the only thing you need to do, is observe and control stations, however, their names are written and csn be spot easily from train. 


  • Baguettes & croissants are two things you HAVE TO taste when in Paris. They taste like heaven. 
  • Midnight in Paris (directed by Woody Allen) is one of my favorite films. And when I was in Paris, I felt like being in this film. Paris really is a romantic, sentimental, beautiful in rain, and it´s not possible to decide whether Paris is more beautiful by day or by night, because it's Paris- charming from the morning to the night and I'm definitely coming back again.




                                                                                                                                     Kate




You Might Also Like

0 komentářů