Moving out and in

Since I was born I lived with my parents, but now, the time has come and I live alone in my own appartment and I feel so grown up! Thought I...

Since I was born I lived with my parents, but now, the time has come and I live alone in my own appartment and I feel so grown up! Thought I still look like a 17 year old.
Today it's exactly one week I am living alone and I found out some things about myself. So grab a cup of coffee or tea and go ahead.



First of all, I hate things! Literally, I hate owning things. Moving out took me so much time that I've decided to throw away everything I don't need, because it's really hard to carry all things you own plus all this packing up and unpacking... so next time I am moving I want to own half the stuff I own now and I am working on it already. My clothes is affraid of losing a place in my closet, because almost everyday I look in my closet and find clothes that doesn't fit me anymore, or worse, clothes I have never  (not even once) worn! So goodbye my clothes, hope you will be well with you new owner...



Secondly, do you know how every home has its distinctive scent? I was craving to know what mine is and now I know... coffee. I drink so much coffee and have a coffee machine, so the first thing you smell when you open the door is coffee, which is great, because it's my favourite smell!



What else... during the whole process of moving out and moving in I lost my sense of knowing when some of my things are. For example I didn't know where my debit card or my underwear were...you know just these not very important things.
I also didn't make any plan or anything, I just grabbed some suitcases, bags and boxes from the supermarket nearby and put all of my belongings into them. Fun fact: there exist tons and tons of lists when you are moving in and out on pinterest and all over the internet and they consist of very useful items you will probably need and also tips and tricks and things you should do...too bad I am too stubborn and I love doing things my own way.




I wrote this before and I write it again: minimalism is the way! I like clean surfaces and free spaces, so I am trying to have only few decorations, so that the cleaning is easy and also the appartment is more airy. Don't get me wrong, I have photos and souvenirs and candles (tons and tons of candles actually), but I don't want to place them everywhere, just here and there and done!

Another thing, plants. I am horrible with them. I love them (as almost every woman), but I tend to forgive about them, so please, please, don't give me flowers or plants, I am very likely to kill them. Sometimes I come home and realise that I actually have plants and didn't water them for quite a long time... yes, that's the kind of a person I am. Thanks God I don't have any children.

Well, I found out quite a lot things about me (after only 1 week of being alone) and I'm really looking forward to find more. If you are curious too, follow, so you won't miss anything.



P.S. While I was writing this I was listening to Christmas songs, because why not :-)

Kate 

You Might Also Like

0 komentářů