Miss Peregrine's Home For Peculiar Children

Classical Tim Burton: mysterious, magical, fairytale, dark and charming! I love Tim Burton's films (well, not all of them, but majo...

Classical Tim Burton: mysterious, magical, fairytale, dark and charming!

I love Tim Burton's films (well, not all of them, but majority) and I also adore Helena Bonham Carter, so I'm sad they broke up and she didn't take part in this film, because she would be excellent as  Miss Peregrine! However Eva Green in dark dress and with a crossbow in her hands is also charming, but in a totally different way. 

Facts, plot and so on...

  • The film is based on a book written by Ransom Riggs and I have never heard about it before, so I can't compare the film and the book. 
  • The boy who played Jake looked familiar to me and now I know why: you could have seen him before in The boy in the Stripped Pyjamas - very sad and depressing film. What I personally find very disturbing about this actor (Asa Butterfield) is the fact he has dark hair and blue eyes.
  • There is a scene with carousel in which you can see Tim Burton.
  • It is very common that you can sometimes simply guess the main plot of the whole film only from the trailer, but this film is (and I am very thankful for that) an exception! I had no idea what to expect!
  • Johnny Depp can't be seen in this film.


If you like Tim Burton's films you shouldn't miss this one! It reminds me of Alice in Wonderland (especially because of Jake who is pretty much in the same position as Alice) and I can see a similarity between Miss Peregrine and Willy Wonka. I've seen the film in a 3D version, but it's so dark, I think that 2D is better!




Kate


You Might Also Like

0 komentářů