Elizabeth Gilbert - Committed

Do you know the feeling when you finish reading a book and suddenly you feel emptiness in your heart and you are also sad, but happy and gra...

Do you know the feeling when you finish reading a book and suddenly you feel emptiness in your heart and you are also sad, but happy and grateful at the same time, because the book was just amazing and you are so happy that you've read it?
That is what I am experiencing right now, because I have just finish reading a vey lovely and touching book written by Elizabeth Gilbert  - Committed.
After reading her previous book based on her life Eat Pray Love I was looking forward to her new book. I even remember reading the 1st chapter of Committed in a library few years ago, but for some reason I didn't take the book home with me.
Now I am pretty sure I was supposed to read this book this year after Elizabeth and her husband broke up. The whole book is about love and marriage, but while I was reading I knew that they aren't a couple anymore and this situation brought the book into a whole new light.

About Committed: A Love Story

First book written by Elizabeth Gilbert I have ever read was Eat Pray Love. I first read it in my mother tongue and then my sister gave me the book in English to my birthday, so I read it again and again,... :-)
I couldn't wait to read some of her other books and after almost 10 years I did actually read another book by Liz and it was fantastic!
The whole book is about marriage and travelling. Liz and Felipe has to make a decision, they could either stay together in the USA but they have to get married or they can leave and Felipe would be never allow to the country again. Yes, it sounds easy: they are in love, they want to stay together so why they can't make it official? The thing is that they both experienced a divorce and it wasn't nice, it was mainly the opposite-pain, sadness, depression. That is why they are affraid of getting married again.
And this event is where the story begins.. or maybe I should say where the story continues, because it all started when they first met in Bali.

Why to read Committed: A Love Story

If you enjoyed reading Eat Pray Love you have to read what happened next and how the story continued. That's all. It is that simple :-)
I will not give you any spoilers or anything, just read it and enjoy every page of it!



Kate




You Might Also Like

0 komentářů