Ladies Weekend in BRNO

In November, me and my sister visited Brno and I wanted to write a blog post about this trip for so long, but you know how it goes....but fi...

In November, me and my sister visited Brno and I wanted to write a blog post about this trip for so long, but you know how it goes....but finally, here I am, ready to write and share my experiences with you! We stayed in Brno 3 and a half day and 2 nights and we took our staying mainly as a relaxing ladies weekend out of our ordinary life.

Brno - basic info


Brno is the second largest city in the Czech Republic (both area and population), is situated in the South Moravia and has hundrends of beautiful historical sights. Also, one very interesting legend is connected to Brno - have you ever heard of the Brno Dragon? It is said there lived a monster that terorized the whole city and the citizens who didn't know this beast, because they had never seen it before, simply called it dragon. Well, it wasn't exactly the dragon... it was a crocodile and now you can see his preserved body displayed at the entrance of the Old Town Hall.

Day number one - lunchtime, teahouse and no rush


We came on Thursday afternoon, found our place we booked ahead on airbnb, left all our luggage there and went straight away into the city centre to have some lunch and we found just the right spot! It was called Výtopna and the special thing about this restaurant is that your drink are brought to you by a little train that connects the whole place! It was so lovely and I was enjoying my view on the little train models the whole time we stayed there. After lunch we continued with exploring the city and found a small and cosy teahouse and immediately came inside, took a seat and had a tea and a hookah. When I was younger I went to teahouse so often, I tasted every single hookah tobacco they had, but these days I do not smoke hookad so often, I smoke hookah very rarely and that is one of the reasons we ordered one - we had a relaxing weekend ahead of us and wanted to do things we do not normally do. We spent there 2 or 3 hours and then we did some food shopping and went to our lovely apartment where we prepared something to eat and watched a film.
The apartment we stayed in was incredibly beautiful I wanted to stay forever and live there.



Day 2 - castle, lunch, the two best bars ever


On Friday morning we woke up later than usual and had a lazy morning, cooked a brunch and went exploring the city in the afternoon. The weather was awful: windy and foggy all day long. We walked along the local castle Špilberk, took some photos, enyjoed nice view and continued to the city. I was curious and wanted to visit Vila Tugendhat which was on the other side of the city, so we crossed Brno and walked pass Tugendhat (a very special functionalist building famous for its look) and then went back through some nice park and around beautiful buildings. We were starving due to the fact we walked through the city for a few hours and we stopped in a restaurant we found charming and had something to eat.
After lunch we went home, because we were cold and wanted to rest for a while, so we watched another film and in the evening we headed to the bar that is said to be the best bar in the Czech Republic! Honestly, I was tired and didnt feel like dressing up and going outside again, but visiting the best bar in the country was too tempting I could't resist! And because my impression from this visit was very powerful, I made a whole blog post about it and published it on my blog sooner (you can read the post right here).  We came home after midnight and I was so exhausted I went to bed right after shower.





Day 3 - leaving and eating


We woke up to a rainy day. It was our last day in Brno and we had to leave our aparment to 10 and our bus left at 2 or 3, so we packed up, left our cosy apartment and went to the city centre to get some breakfast. We ended up in a small cafe and had some coffee with a cheesecake. Outside was still raining and we had plenty of time, so we moved into a restaurant to have lunch and then straight to the bus stop. The journey was very long, so I had a nap, a coffee, read a book, chatted with sister and we came home in the evening, prepared a diner, watched TV and that was the ending of our trip.










You Might Also Like

0 komentářů