How many things do we really need?

I admire minimalism. The idea of not having so many unnecessary things is wonderful! My room, however is not very minimalistic and my wardro...

I admire minimalism. The idea of not having so many unnecessary things is wonderful! My room, however is not very minimalistic and my wardrobe... you really don't want to see it!
Few days ago, before I closed my eyes and went to sleep, I was thinking about all the things I have and about all the things I need and I am absolutely sure I don't need majority of them. However, take all of the things that I love, but don't need and just throw them away seems like a very hard task for me! And that is the problem: I don't want to own so many things, but I can't throw some of them away.
While writing this, I feel like a romantic hero from a book who is thinking about his/her lover and feels so empty but full of love at the same time. You know what I mean? Yes, instead of thiking about my romantic affair I am thinking about number of shirts, papers and others...
Why do I have 10 pairs of shoes insted of having only 3? Somewhere I read an article about Project 333 - for 3 months you wear only 33 pieces of clothing. Interesting, huh? For me this would mean to throw away my whole wardrobe :-)
But I'm not thinking only about clothes, I mean everything else: plants, pencils,... I tend to keen on things and I also feel like I'm addicted to them. Nowadays I buy only items I need (well, I am trying to buy only items I really need), but my need to own something only because I like it is sometimes stronger than me, though I think I am on the right way! And slowly, but surely, I am making a whole new order in my room and trying to be less possessive.
And what about you? How many things do you REALLY need?




Kate


You Might Also Like

0 komentářů